Thursday, May 23, 2013

BULLIES UPDATE

As you may have heard a few hours ago, despite 61% of its entire membership voting to retain the 105 year old traditional values of Scouting, 840 members of the Scout voting congress (that would be 60%) decided to go the other way, and voted to change scout membership and accept openly gay scouts as members. 

I can't say I'm too surprised at this volte face. Disappointed maybe--I thought scouting stood for something, but I'm not surprised, particularly after the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and the Roman Catholic Church indicated in press releases that they would not oppose a change in the scouting position.

I was however, a bit surprised to hear almost immediately from Bully Jen Johnsen, of Huntington Beach California. You may recall Bully Jen, I blogged about her a few months ago. (Refresher: http://justkathrynl.blogspot.com/2013/02/bullies-how-left-uses-fear-intimidation.html). For a person who was adamant that communication between her and I was uninvited spam, I was surprised (or maybe I wasn't) to receive this piece of hate mail along with a graphic:


from: Jen Johnsen <jenjohnsen@socal.rr.com>
to:
date: Thu, May 23, 2013 at 3:50 PM
subject: Hahaha.....
mailed-by: socal.rr.com

Leaders will be allowed next :-)
Ironically, I happen to agree with her comment in the body of the email. I also agree with her inferred prophecy that the Left and the unrighteous filled with self-loathing, seeking to normalize their sad, miserable lives, will actively engage to tear down and destroy all that is good and uplifts. Satan desires to make all men miserable like unto himself.

So what to do, what to do? George Herbert in Jacula Penduntum, published 1640, popularized the saying "Living well is the best revenge." Christ said it better: "Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you." (NIV Matthew 5:44)

I'm not bothered by the Jen Johnsens of the world. As an older-than-I-look biracial woman of color, I'm actually old enough to know first hand what real bigotry looks like. A wiser person than me stated back in the day that the hate and ridicule spewed by people like Jen was "her sadness, not mine."

Rather, I choose to go about my life, following the admonition of St. Paul found in 1 Corinthians 13: 6-7, "Love rejoices not in iniquity, but rejoices in truth. Bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things." My job then, is to love as God loves and live as God lives. On these hang all the words and the prophets.


No comments:

Post a Comment