Monday, August 18, 2014

Major #FAIL = Major Success

Ok, it's more like a small victory.

I read in a Twitter training manual that when complaining about a company, if you use #FAIL in the tweet, a company who is actively monitoring their cyberspace will sit up and take notice. Doesn't mean they'll actually take action to correct the issue, but they will at least take notice.

I've used that leverage a few times. So far, I'm batting about .500 with responses. The last two were my problems with @caredotcom (the boilerplate responses to scams and 'connections'), and @Walmart (their tire/auto center: 2 hour wait to do a 10 minute patch job because "ALL of the oil change customers have to be completed before they can even begin to work on a tire customer." Yeah, that's a quote.) The other quote was "Sorry, but that's just the way it is." They had a captive audience: for an emergency repair on a Sunday, they were the only place open.

Anyway, using the phrase Major #FAIL actually got a response from @caredotcom and @Walmart. I don't anticipate that anything positive is going to happen, but one never knows. It would be nice to think that both of them might modify the way they do business (particularly Care.com, who does very little to protect their customers, and despite their name, apparently does not care.)

In Wal-Mart's case, maybe they'll issue a refund :)  But, I won't hold my breath. After all, two hours and 15 minutes later, they charged me for the repair!

I make this blogpost in the hope that armed with the phrase Major #FAIL, your next encounter in the war against poor customer service, you may emerge victorious !!

#WishingYouSuccess


No comments:

Post a Comment