Wednesday, March 13, 2013

HomeFront Pest Control

BUYER BEWARE.  Seriously. If you live in southern California, and they come to your door, do yourself the biggest favor, and slam the door in their face. 

I made the mistake of signing a contract for services with them (this would be the company at 537 West Rincon Str., Corona CA in case there is another company out there with the same or similar name.)

It was a mistake because they perform poorly. At the time, I had huge wasp nests all around my house. They came and removed half of them (left the nests on the ground, rather than removing them). I had to call to get the rest of them removed, which they resisted, because "their worker said he had removed them all."

That should have been my first clue this company was going to be nothing but trouble. Since then they have shown up without an appointment, wanting to spray when it was raining, show up to perform when I am not here, etc. etc.

I don't know why, given their abysmal track record of service, I thought we would be able to reach a deal when we became unemployed. Nope. Either "pay us a $170 cancellation fee, or schedule your 3 remaining appointments for service." I'm not the only one they have pulled this con on . It's just unfortunate that I didn't have the presence of mind to do some research on them before I signed a contract.

Moral of the story: be unwilling to sign a contract with a door to door salesman, no matter how smooth talking they are. Do your research quickly and cleanly. Even falling prey to petty lies, if I had been smarter, I would have checked their reputation (there's a reason I know I'm not the only one) and been able to cancel within 3 days. Put in a force majeure clause which states that in the event of a loss of employment (yours) the contract is null and void.

Of course, the best recourse of all is to work with a reputable vendor who has some integrity.

1 comment:

  1. Because of that, chemicals and pesticides may have gotten a bad reputation. Nowadays, the chemicals are eco safe by directed. It holds true that they may be harmful, but from an ecological viewpoint, they are secure. How effective is a treatment and how long can it last? This problem is just addressed by calling a location pest control company and asking

    Brisbane Pest Control | Pest Controlling brisbane

    ReplyDelete