Saturday, January 26, 2013

More Juicing Encouragement

(Prepping has been updated.)

Most of the family started juicing in earnest this past week. We started with the Mean Green Juice (see Jan 14 post), and have since incorporated other juices as well.

We purchased Juicing for Life by Cherie Calbom & Maureen Keane for .01 on Amazon (ok, cost us $3.99 for shipping too.) DD16 has really taken to juicing by storm, which makes me happy. 

We watched the movie Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead as a family which motivated DD16 and DH (DS17 and I were already converted to the benefits of juicing.) DH has lost 6 pounds in a week, even with us eating "normal" (in other words, we're not doing a juice fast.) Grrr.... the good news is DD16 has not lost any weight (she can't afford to) but feels loads better, and the bad news is I haven't lost any weight either. DS13 and DD21 are "ho hum" about it.

Oh well. Losing weight is simply a by product of juicing. What really matters is that we are feeling better and getting loads more micronutrients than we ever have before.

DS17 and I agree that since he and I have been juicing for so long, we don't necessarily "feel better" when we are juicing like we did when we first started, but we definitely feel worse when we go off it or don't take the time to juice.

PLUS I think I have converted DH over to my wish of tearing up the front yard and planting greens out there. Our front yard is south-facing and gets 12 hours of unimpeded sunlight a day. Oh the greens I could grow (if I was a successful gardener anyway!)

No comments:

Post a Comment