Tuesday, December 4, 2012

on December 4th:

Prepping has been updated. Come commiserate with me (or laugh at me, that works too) as I prepare for termite tenting.


A BIG HUGE THANK YOU to all of you who called, emailed, or wrote your State's Senators in opposition to the U.N. Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities treaty. WE DID IT ! 38 brave Senators shut down the anti-sovereignty machine in the Senate. I'll write more on this treaty and why it was so important to shut the door on it, but you can jump ahead of me by reading about it here:

http://www.thenewamerican.com/usnews/congress/item/13823-senate-gop-kills-controversial-un-disability-treaty

and here:

http://www.hslda.org/docs/news/2012/201205250.asp

Have you read your US Constitution lately? Try Article II Section 2 for why this was such a big deal: "The President shall have power, by and with the Advise and Consent of the Senate, to make treaties, provided two thirds of the Senators present concur..."

The short version is: the United Nations' CRPD would have become the law in the United States if two-thirds of U.S. Senators had ignored their obligations to the citizens of the United States. 61 of them did, by the way. I'll write more about this in Homeschooling in a few days after I get back from "the Move."

No comments:

Post a Comment