Saturday, December 1, 2012

on Dec 1st:

Agenda 21 page has been updated. And it's important.



As I wondered what to make for dinner the other night, the UPS guy dropped off our freeze dried meals from Food Insurance. I had purchased two 1 week supplies: 1 to keep, 1 to taste test. Decision easy! We're taste testing.

We tried the Chicken Rotini, the Chicken Teriyaki, the Chicken A La King. 

Everyone thought the Chicken A La King tasted like homemade, in other words, not freeze dried. A little salty, but in an emergency that would probably be welcomed. The kids felt the Chicken Teriyaki needed a bit more water added to it (vs. by directions), my DH and I thought it was fine as is. Chicken Rotini had mixed reviews: DS 13yo L-O-V-E-D it and had three helpings, DH and my other 2 kids thought it was OK, and I hated it. I'd fast for 3 days just to be hungry enough to force it down <grin>. To be fair, this was the only item which could not be self-rejuvenated in its pouch, so that might have had a lot to do with it. 

My last experience with freeze dried food was 30+ years ago. I've been leery of it since then; it's come a long way. Would a want a whole year's supply of FD food as my sole food storage? Probably not. But for one and done, it's a good alternative. 

No comments:

Post a Comment